De drie Stoepen The Hague
The building was built between 1726 and 1730 as three major Louis XIV-style city palaces, which later became popularly known as "De drie stoepen". The three houses have long functioned as one building and served as a museum, court, official residence, seat of the Permanent Court of Arbitration, theatre, pop venue and offices. Internally - especially in the Prinsegracht 69 and 71 buildings - much has changed. There is a later extension in the courtyard. The original garden has disappeared and has been turned into parking spaces. The interior is beaten with only two rooms, one stairwell and three skylights which still have high cultural-historical value.
The national monument is being restored and transformed into 58 apartments with a new extension and garden at the rear. The monumental structures of the three separate houses are being restored. Each building has its own entrance via the original stairs with the monumental hall and stairs behind it. The later extension will be replaced by a smaller "garden house" with a facade that harmonizes with the classical rear facade of the monument. The parking space is halved so that a garden can be laid out again. Building starts in summer 2020.