Officierscasino - Soesterberg
The Officierscasino from 1940 consists of three different buildings surrounded by a garden and parking on a plot of more than 2.5 hectares. The history of the Officer Casino goes back to the beginning of the Second World War. Initially, the Germans built a shelter for the staff working at Soesterberg airport. However, little was left after the war - some bullet impacts can still be seen in the building. After the war it was restored and it came into the hands of the Ministry of Defence that used the building as an Officer Casino for Air Force officers. The building was used for relaxation and ceremonies.
The national monument will be restored and transformed into care homes with catering facilities. Behind the monument and next to it there is room for two new buildings. Work is currently being done on a preliminary design.